The Change Workshop

Sunday, August 05, 2007

A year later . . .


It's hard to believe it but it's been a year since I last posted to this site. And talk about change - man, this has been the year of it! First, a management change at work. Second, lost over a hundred pounds and started to get fit. Now I work out with a personal trainer three times a week and feel strong! I've learned that exercise must be a part of my everyday life. It's no more, "I'll do this until I get fit and then I'm done!" To live longer, exercise, especially strength training, must be part of my life. It took me about a month of working with a trainer to finally "get it." The slug in me just didn't want to believe it. But the enlightened part of me knew it was true and decided to accept it.

In the past year I've lost staff to promotions and new opportunities and hired new, highly creative, team-oriented people. It's been very exciting for me. In addition, I've renewed my commitment to my work life beyond retirement so I must stay focused and search for new partners to work with me in the next stage of my life.

Yes, change is good and I am reminded every day that something new will be coming my way and I will embrace it and thrive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home